Hope Brings You Home is Back for 2020!
Hope Brings You Home is Southern Nevada's most popular and rarest down payment assistance program and it's back again!
U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto announced the release of funds on Monday, February 10, 2020. UPDATE: April 1, 2020 - This program is currently not being offered. We are unsure if it will come back in the future. Please review your home loan options with a loan officer. We recommend, Bill Merren with New American Funding. www.BillMerrenLoans.com
With this program, you can get up to $20,000 down payment assistance on a home up to $400,000 to use towards your down payment and buyer closing costs. It's highly likely you'll be able to buy a house with very little to no money out-of-pocket!
- What is the Hope Brings You Home (HBYH) Program
- How it Works
- Who Qualifies
- What's Required
- Hope Brings You Home Zip Codes
- How to Get Started
- HBYH Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
WHAT IS THE HOPE BRINGS YOU HOME (HBYH) PROGRAM?
The Nevada Hardest Hit Fund was awarded $17,900,000 to provide up to $20,000 to help qualified homebuyers with their down payment and/ or buyer closing costs to buy a primary residence in 20 Zip codes throughout Clark and Nye Counties. The Hope Brings You Home zip codes span: Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Pahrump.
HOW IT WORKS
The Hope Brings You Home Nevada program works by providing down payment assistance (DPA) equal to 10% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $20,000 for down payment and/ or buyer closing costs for a primary residence in any of the 20 approved zip codes throughout Southern, NV.
The $20,000 DPA is forgiven at a rate of 1/36 each month you live in the home you buy. Let's make it even easier to understand... Live in the home you buy with the Nevada Hope Brings You Home program for 3 years or more and the $20,000 down payment assistance is forgiven! Don't worry the DPA from this program is NO interest, NO payment forgivable note.
Anyone that meets basic eligibility and buys a primary home in the 20 approved zip codes. A primary home as defined for this program is a single-family home, townhouse, or condominium.
This is only for existing homes and doesn't apply for any new construction homes or manufactured properties.
Hope Brings You Home NV really is for a limited time only, when the funds are depleted the program will shut down. It's hard to say if it'll come back around in the future, this is the first time it's come back since the Spring of 2018. If you're on the fence, you might as well jump to at least give it a try. You have nothing to lose and your own home to gain!
So if 895 buyers receive the full $20,000 for down payment assistance/ buyer closing costs then the full $17,900,000 is tapped out! Result = Only 895 home buyers will benefit. The question is, will one of them be you?
MATH: $17,900,000 / $20,000 = 895
If this program is for you, please don't wait. It'll be gone soon and may never come back.
- Qualifying gross income under $98,500.
- For the purpose of Hope Brings You Home 2020, a borrower(s) gross income must be used in determining eligibility. The gross income includes annual wages, commissions, bonuses, self-employment net income (plus depreciation) dividends, interest, annuities, pensions, child support, alimony, and public assistance.
- Purchase at or below $400,000.
- 640 Minimum Credit Score for VA, USDA, and Conventional loans
- 660 Minimum Credit Score for FHA loans
- 45% Maximum Debt-to-Income Ratio for VA, FHA, and USDA loans
- 50% Maximum Debt-to-Income Ratio for Conventional loans with HFA Advantage
- Borrower(s) MAY NOT own any other real property at the time of closing. Real property is considered land and any property directly attached to it.
HOPE BRINGS YOU HOME ZIP CODES
Search homes for sale by clicking on the zip code or click here to start your home search today!
North Las Vegas:
HOW TO GET STARTED
It's super easy to get started by contacting an approved Hope Brings You Home lender today!
HBYH Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- So, can a couple that earns more than that $98,500 annually "together" qualify? No. Unlike HBYH 2018 a non-purchasing spouse IS NOT permitted under this program. Married individuals must apply jointly according to the Nevada Housing Division guidelines.
- Can I use my VA Loan in conjunction with this program? Yes.
- What if I exceed the maximum income restrictions with my spouse, can one of us apply without the other being on the loan? No. A non-purchasing spouse IS NOT permitted under this program. Married individuals must apply jointly.
- I don't think I can qualify on my own, can I get a co-signor or a non-occupant co-borrower? No, co-signors and non-occupant co-borrowers are not permitted under this program.